The fuel injector has evolved from the manfold intake to the combustion chamber. Technology has made it precise in the fuel dispensing. The fuel injection can cause drivability issues of the electrical problems or problems of the fuel and it is thrown off by the restrictions. The following are the signs to look for in the fuel injector that needs its replacement:
- Restrictions-A restriction of 8-10 % can lean out the mixture of the fuel causing a misfire. This can lead to the unburnt oxygen entering into the exhaust and make the oxygen sensor to read the lean.
- Turbo problems-In the engines of the turbo charged, injectors which are dirty can have an effect to the leaning and can lead to damages in the engine. When the injectors are dirty, the mixture of the fuel will be forced to lean out to cause a detonation
- Heat soak-The injectors undergo a heat soak when the engine is shut. The residue of the fuel evaporates in the nozzle of the injector and leaves the olefins behind. Since the engine is off, there is no airflow that moves into the ports to cool. On the other hand there is no fuel flow through the injectors for washing it away. This deposits that are formed here can cause clogging to the injectors and they need to be replaced.
- Lack of resistance that may not be enough-A magnetic field pulls the injector pintle and this is caused by the injector’s solenoid. The magnetic field needs to be strong to overcome the spring’s pressure Minus this one, the injector cannot open all the way due to excess resistance in the injector’s solenoid
- Fuel injector not opening up or not closing-The injector’s valve may not open because of the winds that are faulty. The winds cause overheating, breaking or rusting can cause the valve to stick. On the other hand, the fuel injector may not close up because of a spring that may be faulty. If the valve is unable to close, the fuel injector can cause leaking of the gasoline.
The fuel injectors are the components that manage the engine. A failing fuel injector will produce itself with the following symptoms:
- The engine misfiring or decreasing its power and efficiency of the fuel. This is one of the symptoms that are common
- Fuel odor
- When the light engine light comes on.
- Performance loss.
- Rough stalling of the engine
- Failing of the emission tests.
The fuel injectors have several roles in the system of delivery i.e. delivering the exact amount of gasoline which the engine needs. An injector is a valve that has controls which are electronic to receive the signals from the control unit of the engine. A gas pump delivers gasoline that is pressurized into the fuel injectors and the control unit of the engine sends an impulse for the valve opening, to let the gas which is pressurized to pass through the nozzle that is atomizing
Fuel injectors are so important in modern vehicles. Not only delivering gasoline to the engine of the car, but also doing it in a manner that enable the engine to perform an efficient gasoline usage that can save the owner’s money.